Sunday, 22 July 2018
Post World Cup break questions
So, had a little breather during the World Cup, well that's my excuse anyway!
Here are 10 brand new questions to have a go at. Enjoy .....
1. Bordering three countries and named after a namesake river, which is the most northern South African province?
2. Which Japanese music producer , the most commercially successful lyricist in Japan,is best known as the founder of the hugely successful AKB48 and Onyanko Club J-Pop franchises?
3. (Pictured) Featuring Lorenzo Richelmy in the title role, alongside Benedict Wong and Gabriel Byrne (in season 2), which 2014 Netflix original historical production, ran for two seasons before being cancelled, after a $200 million loss was announced?
4. Symbolised by the Greek letter Chi, which chemical property was first described by Linus Pauling in 1932 and has its properties measured on the Pauling scale?
5. Selling over 100 million copies, it is one of the world's best selling personal development and self-improvement books. Which American author wrote the influential 1937 work 'Think and Grow Rich', inspired by a suggestion from business magnate Andrew Carnegie?
6. (Pictured) Characterised by a slender build, golden coat, tufted ears, and long legs, which member of the felidae family, takes its name from the Turkic meaning 'black ear' and is native to Africa, the Middle East, Central Asia, and India?
7. Although the majority of its population was depleted due to a major event of the early 1990s, Failaka Island is the only inhabited island of which Asian country?
8. (Name and regnal number) Ruling between 1886 and 1931, his predecessor, shared the same name. Who was the King of Spain immediately prior to proclamation of the Second Republic in 1931? (- the country had to wait another 44 years until the monarchy was restored and Juan Carlos I was enthroned)
9. (Pictured) Placing fourth at the 1986 Tour de France and winning the White Jersey for best Young Rider in the same year,which American cyclist went on to win the 1988 Giro d'Italia, becoming the first non-European to win the event?
10. (Pictured) Located in Millenium Park, Chicago, which British artist created the iconic Cloud Gate sculpture in 2006, nicknamed 'The Bean'?