The World Quizzing Championships takes place in many locations around the world on Saturday 2nd June. It is a chance to test yourself against the very best and you can say you have entered a World Championship too! For further details visit www.worldquizzingchampionships.com
In the UK, another installment of the successful Quiz In The North events takes place in Hoylake on 23rd June . For further details visit www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/quiz-in-the-north-hoylake-wirral-tickets-43153361867
If you would like me to add any events on here that may be of interest, then please feel free to e-mail me.
Here are another 15 questions for you to have a go at.
Hope you enjoy..............
1.(Pictured) Currently the CEO of Kering, an international luxury group owning brands including Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent, which French billionaire married the actress Selma Hayek in 2009 - previously had a child with supermodel Linda Evangelista?
2. Containing 35 active volcanoes, the Bukit Barisan (or Barisan Mountains) are a 1700km mountain range that runs practically the entire length of which Asian island?
3. Which Royal House of Sweden was founded on the coronation of Charles XIV John in 1818 and is still reigning in 2018, under King Carl XVI Gustaf?
4. It's tomography has been used to image entire cargo containers to detect shielded nuclear material. Which elementary particle, similar to the electron, but with a much greater mass was discovered in 1936 by Carl D. Anderson and Seth Neddermeyer?
5.(Pictured) Nicknamed 'The Kaiser', which German professional pool player has made the most European appearances in the Mosconi Cup, representing 17 times since the inaugural 1994 tournament?
6. Which Japanese manga artist, screenwriter and film producer created the 'One Piece' manga series in 1997,selling over 430 million copies and making him one of the best selling fiction authors of all-time?
7. Currently presided by Jim Yong Kim, which International organisation was created in 1944, following the ratification of the Bretton Woods agreements, and is currently based in Washington DC?
8. Occurring between 1796 and 1818, which series of conflicts were fought between British colonial forces and a Kingdom located on the island of (now) Sri Lanka, including the 1817 Uva Rebellion?
9. (Pictured) In terms of passenger numbers, Blue Air is the largest passenger airline of which European country, despite not being the country's Flag Carrier?
10. Nominated for six Golden Raspberries, including a Worst Actress win,what was the name of the 1986 film starring Madonna and Sean Penn, that was also produced by George Harrison?
11. In Greek mythology, which monster-slaying hero and brother of Europa, is credited as the founder of Thebes?
12. It is an international chain of convenience stores, founded in 1951, in El Paso, Texas.Since the 1980s, has been the largest company owned convenience store chain (ie not franchise) in the USA and has the fourth most convenience stores.Originally known as Kay's Food Stores,it features prominently in the 1989 comedy film,'Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure'.What is this chain store's name?
13.(Pictured) Native to South America, they are usually between 30 and 45cm tall and weigh around 12kg. The males have antlers,but are short in length. What is the name of this animal species,the smallest of the deer famiy?
14. Winning four World Championship medals, including an individual gold in 1997, which French athlete is the European record holder over 400m hurdles, a record held since 1995?
15.Deriving their name from the long beards they wore,which East Germanic tribe, originally from Northern Europe, settled in the valley of the Danube , before invading Byzantine Italy in 568AD under the leadership of Alboin?