Also, just wanted to say a big 'Well done' to The Escapologists (Frank Paul, Lydia Mizon and Tom Rowell) on winning the latest series of Only Connect. A great final and you beat a very good team to win!
Hope you enjoy this set .........
1. (Pictured)Playing the role of Jackie Robinson in the 2013 film biopic '42' and James Brown in the 2014 film 'Get On Up', which American actor played the eponymous,'Black Panther', in the 2018 Marvel film of the same name?
2. Home to the main economic area of the island, including one of Japan's six stock markets, it is a coastal city with the Sea of Genkai to the North. Which city is the most populous on the island of Kyushu?
3. Written by Tom Waits, the song 'Way Down In The Hole' is performed by different artists for each of the five series that ran between 2002 and 2008. It is the theme tune to which popular HBO crime drama series?
4. Fought in the Philippines in 1521, the Battle of Mactan saw the warriors of Lapu-Lapu overpower and defeat a Spanish force fighting for Rajah Humabon of Cebu. Which famous historical figure, the commander of the Spanish force, was killed during this battle?
5. Creating devices that measure data such as the number of steps walked, heart rate, quality of sleep and steps climbed, which consumer electronics company was founded in 2007,in San Francisco, by James Park and Eric Friedman?
6. (Pictured) At the 2018 Winter Olympics, she won a gold medal in the 1500 metres and a silver medal in the 3000 metres long track speed skating events. In winning the 1500m, she became the first Winter Olympian to win Gold at four consecutive Games and also and the first female Winter Olympian to win nine individual medals. What is the name of this Dutch superstar skater?
7. Taken from the Greek meaning 'to choke', what name is given to the chemical elements in group 15 of the periodic table, consisting of nitrogen, phosphorus, arsenic, antimony and bismuth?
8. Centred around the publicity surrounding an art installation and starring Claes Bang, Elisabeth Moss and Dominic West, which Swedish film was nominated for a Best Foreign film Academy Award in 2018, having already won the 2017 Palme d'O,r at the Cannes Film Festival?
9. Aneto is the highest mountain peak in the Pyrenees, but which is the highest mountain peak in continental Spain - it is part of the Sierra Nevada range?
10. Having a famous Australian landmark named after him,which Polish General joined the American War of Independence and was instrumental in the US success at the Battle of Saratoga, becoming a US national hero in the process
11. (Pictured) In 1978 he popularised the term 'graphic novel' with the publication of his book 'A Contract with God'. Which American comic book writer has a namesake award, presented each year, to recognise achievements in the American comics medium?
12. Lasting between 1070BC and AD350 and with its capital at Meroe, which ancient African kingdom was situated on the confluences of the Blue Nile, White Nile and River Atbara in what is now the Republic of Sudan?
Kingdom of Kush
13. Best known, (musically), as a producer and songwriter, Phil Spector also sang and performed on a 1958 US number one single, as part of which vocal group? (they share their name with a child's toy)?
The Teddy Bears
14. Adopting its name in 2012, which US state capital's airport is known as the Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport ?
Little Rock (Arkansas)
15. (Pictured) Born Carlton Douglas Ridenhour , what is the stage name of American rapper, the lead vocalist of the seminal hip hop outfit, Public Enemy?